Computational Fluid Dynamics Course (Duration: 40 Hours)
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) is an interdisciplinary subject encompassing applied mathematics, physics and computational software. Using numerical analysis and algorithms, CFD predicts, visualizes, and analyses how a gas or liquid flows and impacts the performance of a product.
The course trains students in CAD software covering a wide range of applications such as liquid and gas flow with heat transfer; external and internal fluid flows; laminar, turbulent, and transitional flows; time-dependent flow; subsonic, transonic, and supersonic regimes; gas mixture, liquid mixture; conjugate heat transfer; heat transfer in solids, among others. Students are offered projects with expert assistance.
- Fluent simulation process
- ANSYS Fluent GUI and software preliminaries
- Flow mix and heat transfer (3D)
- Meshing using ANSYS meshing application
- Transonic flow – Airfoil
- CFD simulation setup
- Modeling multi species flow
- Turbulence model in Fluent
- Modeling periodic heat flow
- Advanced post processing
- Radiation and convection
- Turbulent flow in heat exchanger
- Siphoning using multiphase